Friday, February 12, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends...

With the Olympics arrival, it has me thinking about the global Warcraft community. With over 11 million players and being played in over 200 different countries, it is truly amazing the diversity that this game has. Just on a personal note I have friends in-game from England, France, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Australia, Romania, Denmark, Jamaica, and New Jersey. I can't help but think that this truly describes the internet ideal. That is, friends being able to keep in constant contact despite being separated by mountains, rivers, oceans, and Detroit. Actually that is something I'd like to briefly talk about. I know a lot of people talk about their "in-game friends" and I don't see them as that, I simply see them as friends. Why should it matter how we communicate? I mean when it gets down to it there are very few friends that stay with us our whole lives but that doesn't make the others any less important.

So here's to you World of Warcraft! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet some truly extraordinary people whom I would have probably never met otherwise. And here's to all my friends, World of Warcraft related or otherwise.

~NinthBatter

No comments:

Post a Comment